Where is my refund?

If you filled your taxes electronically more than three weeks ago or if you filled your taxes and send them via US mail more than five weeks ago, please Click Here or call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040

Income Tax Service

We prepare your:

ITIN Numbers

As of January of 1996, the Department of Internal Revenue Service of IRS, allows people to obtain an ITIN number.

Please call us for an updated list of the requirements, as they are constantly changing.


What Type of Business do I need to form?

Each company type has key advantages and disadvantages. Here are some things to consider if you're deciding whether to form an LLC, incorporate as an S corporation or C corporation or to file a DBA or Assumed Name.

Filing a DBA or Assumed Name

A DBA filing (doing business as, also called an assumed or fictitious business name) allows a company to transact business using a different name. It generally takes place at the county level, but some states have state-level DBA filings. For sole proprietorships and general partnerships, unless a DBA is filed, the company name is the same as the owner's or owners' name(s). For example, Juan Zarate is operating a landscaping business as a sole proprietorship. In order to transact business as Zarate's Landscaping, he must file a DBA for that name.  Otherwise, he must transact business as Juan Zarate.

A corporation or LLC can also file a DBA to transact business under a name different from the one registered with the state (when the business was incorporated). For example, a corporation formed as Juan Zarate and Son, Inc. may want to do business under a name that more clearly states what the company does and could file a DBA to use a more descriptive name like Zarate's Landscaping.

Advantages & limitations

Forming a Corporation or LLC

To incorporate your business as a corporation or LLC, the Illinois Secretary of State Business Services provide the Articles of Incorporation for corporations and Articles of Organization for LLC's.

Understanding Corporation types

To formalize your organization, first learn about and decide which business type is right for you:

Advantages & Limitations

C corporations, S corporations and LLCs provide you with personal liability protection. S corporations and LLCs are commonly used for small business activities. Both enable you to grow your business and take on new owners. Both pass through income to owners who report it on their personal returns. The State of Illinois fees are higher for the incorporation and annual reports. One key difference is how owners are affected by employment taxes:

Incorporating or forming an LLC provides advantages to business owners that operating a business as a sole proprietorship or general partnership does not, including:

Making your decision

The decision to file a DBA (Assumed Name) or form a Corporation or LLC depends on your particular business, situation and goals. Existing corporations and LLCs evaluating whether to file a DBA may need to consider:

For questions regarding your specific situation, please call us for a FREE CONSULTATION!

Tax School

Since 2013 our company operates its own income tax school, “J & I Tax School”.

The tax return Preparation course is a 12 week course (60 hours). Students will learn tax law necessary to obtain employment in the tax preparation business. They will also have an opportunity to apply for a position as a tax preparer in our Office.

The instructor Mariana I. Tamayo, MBA, RTRP, with over 21 years of experience in the tax preparation business is an authorized instructor and has been certified by the Latino Tax Professional Association and the Internal Revenue Service.

Enrollment begins for prospective students every year in the month of September. Please send us an e-mail if you are interested.